Promoting yourself and your properties is amongst the most important things that you will do as a real estate agent. You want to get yourself and what you have to offer out there to as many people as possible.
More to the point, you want to focus these promotions to those who are more likely to be interested. Fortunately, there are several ways that you can engage in real estate marketing. Here is a partial list.
Table of Contents
Of course, a website is an absolute must, and you should ensure that it is mobile-friendly. Consider adding videos showing walkthroughs of your properties, drone shots that show them from above as well as other drone shots that show the neighborhood and nearby attractions.
Virtual staging apps can also be considered. All of that should be in addition to detailed descriptions of your properties as those will help others trust you and save everyone’s time.
Another idea to consider is having a blog, which will allow you to both include a personal element in your website as well as communicate information that the reader should find useful and interesting.
Also keep SEO optimization in mind while creating posts, but also note that the quality of the writing and how informative and interesting it is to readers is the most important factor.
An email marketing campaign is another consideration that you should have. If you decide to do this, make sure that it is clear on your website that you are keeping an email list and how the user can sign up for it.
CONTINUE READING BELOW ↓
Then use it to provide information on properties, on the area and on other aspects of your business that you would like to share. Note that these emails do not need to be extensive.
Also, Real Estate CRM Software is unique to your needs and features that are suitable for you and your business website.
2. Social Media
Another online realtor marketing strategy is using social media. Instagram is an especially useful one for real estate agents since the visual aspect of the properties that you have to offer and nearby areas is so important. You can also run paid Instagram promotions to help grow your brand.
These allow you to pick specific characteristics that are important to you, such as its target audience and your available budget for this promotion, while deciding what works best for you. Also take advantage of what Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media entities have to offer.
Even if you never take advantage of any social media promotions, social media remains a valuable tool. Just make sure to keep on top of them. For example, you do not want to create a Facebook account and then leave it dormant for months.
That does not give a solid first impression to people new to you looking to find out more about what you may have to offer them and land there.
One of the main benefits of social media is being able to interact with followers and other users while there, helping create a community that is directly connected with your business in the eyes of those who are interested in or may be interested in your services.
Being able to connect with other real estate agents through this is another significant benefit as doing so helps introduce you to methods that can improve how you do things.
Zillow receives more than 200 million unique user visits every month, and you will most likely want your offerings to be amongst those that enjoy some of those views.
This benefit is generally even more pronounced if you are a real estate agent who is fairly new or does not have many listings.
Regardless, if you use Zillow, keep in mind that you can utilize Zillow Premier Agent to increase the number of connections that you experience.
However, do keep in mind that, in many cases, Zillow should not be your focus. It should simply be a tool that you use to help accentuate the other real estate marketing suggestions listed here.
4. Real Estate Business Cards
Business cards provide a lot of value for their relatively small size. You want to ensure that they are unique in a way but that they also provide all of the important information in an easily scannable manner.
Also make sure that they present an air of professionalism and that any uniqueness utilized does not detract from that. Keep in mind that you will most likely want to include your full licensed name, the type of license that you possess and your license number.
Are you part of any associations? Consider adding that information as well. If you use a logo with your business, this absolutely should be on these cards as well.
Consider including a picture of yourself although this personal touch is not necessarily needed although it can make your business card really stand out. Regardless, your phone number and website are must-haves.
5. Real Estate Postcards
The use of real estate postcards is a marketing method that many agents have experienced significant success with. When you do this, make sure that the postcard’s focus is clear. It should grab the reader’s attention, of course, but it also needs to allow that person to quickly ascertain what is being communicated and what you have to offer them.
Connected with that, also include a call to action, promoting how they can take advantage of what you have to offer. The visuals of the postcard are important, and with it being one related to real estate, you will probably want to include a picture of a property on it, or an expansive look of the area could work as well.
However, even more important is your contact information. This is forgotten more often than you would think. However, do temper the amount of information that you communicate. You do not want to overwhelm the recipient. If this marketing method intrigues you, consider creating an account at Wise Pelican.
6. Realtor Marketing Billboards
Billboard advertising is another marketing tool that you should consider as billboards cause your message to be seen by, depending on their locations, a significant number of eyeballs. If you decide to use a billboard, also consider traffic in the area.
For example, if traffic is slow and often at a standstill, that allows those sitting in their cars to be much more likely to look at your billboard and even consider it for more than the split-second that it is viewable when they are driving at full speed.
Regardless of the other factors, make sure that the message being displayed has the customer as the focus. What can they get out of what you have to offer?
7. Real Estate Marketing: Print, Radio and Television
Some other forms of real estate marketing that you should consider are related to print media, radio and television. Of course, the value of print media advertising depends on your local area. Some parts of the country still have notable newspaper industries; however, most do not.
With that said, the advertising rates should be generally low in the latter case, so the value may still be high. However, interest in radio, which is free, portable and adaptable, has not changed as much, and this can be a valuable marketing tool that perhaps you had not considered.
Amongst these three, television is the most significant, partially because you can include both sound and visuals in your message but mostly because of the significant number of viewers that it receives.
However, it can also cause a significant dent in your advertising budget to take advantage of this form of promotion although the returns can be quite significant as well. As always, you need to balance the pros with the cons and see what works best in your situation.
8. Partner with Local Businesses
Since the real estate industry is a particularly social one, you should consider using those social skills to network with other local businesses. The idea behind partnering is that you are helping each other; you are using your combined talents to help the other reach their goals.
Considering who to partner with is an important brainstorming session that you should do. One option is local eateries. From your perspective, they provide ways to get your name out there to those local to the area, especially since a significant percentage of people regularly dine out.
Regardless, make sure that you communicate to considered businesses specific things that you can offer that selected business as you look to support the community and receive benefits as well.
9. Ask for Referrals
Another important social element of the real estate business that you should take advantage of is referrals. Word of mouth is so important in this field, as it is in many others as well, and having one trusted person tell another about how much you helped them with their real estate transaction is invaluable.
Of course, a lot of that goodwill can be done simply through you handling your business in a professional, caring way. But you also want to help it along some.
One way that you can do this is by sending a message to someone who has purchased a home from you a few months’ prior, checking in on how they are settling in, thanking them again for working with you and ending with a note mentioning an event that you are holding that they may want to share with others.
10. Use Testimonials
When you have someone who is particularly satisfied with the work that you provided them during the real estate process, consider asking for a testimonial that they would be comfortable having their name attached to.
Something like a paragraph of text speaking to this that you can place on your website can really help you build trust with those who are new to you and your business.
11. Branded Moving Truck
You could purchase a moving truck with your branding on it and allow clients to utilize it to move into their newly purchased home. This helps you show goodwill as well as advertise yourself to whoever sees the truck travel with the person’s possessions.
You could also park this truck at any events that you hold, such as open houses, to allow it to also advertise you when it is not moving.
12. Tour of Area and Open Houses
Another way that you can utilize the social aspect of this field is by using your own social skills to help showcase the local area as well as the homes that you have available.
You could promote a neighborhood walkthrough, where you describe important and interesting aspects of the area where many of your homes are located. Perhaps a walk through a nearby park could be done as well, showcasing the beautiful nature in the area, if applicable.
If you have several homes within a short distance of each other, you could present walking tours of them as well. Of course, you can also offer open houses, being ready to promote their features and answer any questions that visitors may have of them.
Also keep in mind that some taking advantage of your open houses may be early in the buying process and not even have a real estate agent in mind to utilize.
Conversely, a significant percentage of those who go to open houses have already researched them online and are significantly further along the sales funnel. Regardless, open houses possess significant value.
13. Free Swag
A great way to promote yourself is through free swag that includes your branding on it. This can include things as varied as keychains, mugs and pens. The more useful a purpose that it serves, the more likely that the recipient will end up using it and continue to promote you to themselves as well as to anyone seeing them use that branded swag.
A partial list of other branded swag items to consider include chocolates, luggage, reusable grocery store bags, journals, clothing, magnets, headphones and towels.
As an expert real estate agent, you’re known for your negotiation skills and your ability to close a deal. Furthermore, you provide a unique service that is hard to duplicate by traditional agents. In order to stand out from the crowd, it is important that you market yourself as an expert in your field of real estate. With these tips, you can promote your business and attract new clients.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Knowledge of purchase process.
- Knowledge of real estate market.
- Communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Identify your niche.
- Seek recognition for your expertise. Showcase what you know by building a knowledge base. ...
- Share your wisdom.
- Build a community. ...
- Be of service to others. ...
- Be social savvy. ...
- Remember who you are- is the message to the world.
- Promote the town, not just the house.
- Be yourself.
- Educate your buyers.
- Chat with your followers.
- Respond to comments, good and bad.
- Avoid simply shouting about your home listings.
- Don't forget video.
- Never assume you're only connecting with first-time buyers.
- “I'm shy, please come say hi.” ...
- A name is worth a thousand conversations. ...
- Highlight something that makes you unique. ...
- Start with a pop culture reference. ...
- Confess your nickname. ...
- Let the way you dress reflect who you are. ...
- Make a T-shirt. ...
- Make a “business” card.
- Introduce yourself casually to new friends with a handshake and a smile. Then, offer your name and ask for theirs.
- If you're giving a speech, offer your name and relevant credentials. ...
- At professional events, give your name and a quick description of your work.
If you are not sure what to share, your name and job title is a great place to start. If there's an opportunity to elaborate, you can also share other details such as a current project, your expertise, or your geographical location.What are the three most important things in real estate? ›
If you have been involved in real estate for any length of time, you've heard it said that the three most important things when it comes to real estate are “location, location, location.” I've heard nationally-recognized experts say that over and over on national media.How can I be the best Realtor ever? ›
- Learn the Art of Communication. ...
- Form Partnerships. ...
- Join HARO. ...
- Host Open Houses. ...
- Use E-mail Marketing. ...
- Maintain Relationships. ...
- Have an Online Presence. ...
- Qualify Your Clients Before You Work With Them.
Real Estate Broker
A career as a real estate broker is one of the highest paying and lucrative professions in the real estate industry. On average, experienced brokers take home a six-figure pay. You can only achieve this number once you get a significant amount of good reputation.
When answering, mention what your top strengths are, provide examples on how you've used them in the past, and finally, describe the results you've gotten. Be super specific with your answers. Don't just say “I'm good at X” - really dive deep and give the interviewer a comprehensive answer.
You get to be your own boss
Most real estate agents work as independent contractors. They get to set their own hours and decide for themselves how to manage their time and priorities. You can work from home, set your own goals, and reap the rewards of your successes.
Example: 'I have many strengths that help me be successful at work. First, I have a strong work ethic that drives me to meet deadlines well ahead of schedule. I enjoy feeling the sense of accomplishment that comes with doing a job well and on time.How do you introduce yourself as a real estate agent on Facebook? ›
For your name, don't just use your first and last name. Instead, add something like “Realtor” or “Real Estate Agent.” This helps people differentiate between your personal and business pages.How do I promote myself as a Realtor on Facebook? ›
- Build an Active Facebook Business Page. ...
- Target Your Audience. ...
- Use a Consistent Tone of Voice & Appeal to Emotion. ...
- Join Facebook Groups. ...
- Promote Posts & Create Advertising Campaigns. ...
- Connect With & Convert Leads Using a CRM.
- Remember These Phrases to Break the Ice.
- Prepare Basic Answers About Yourself.
- Ask Follow-up Questions to Spark a Conversation.
- Ask Even More Questions to Keep the Conversation Going.
- Have an Exit Plan.
- Smile and Be Confident!
The initial few minutes of greeting each other let the interviewer get an idea of how confident you are. First, greet the interviewer with a big smile and go for a handshake. Describe yourself stating your full name and a brief introduction. Just give a small detail about your family.What are 5 ways to introduce yourself? ›
- Stick to The Context. The essential thing to understand before introduce yourself is the context of the situation you are in. ...
- Talk about who you are and what you do. ...
- Make it relevant. ...
- Talk about your contribution. ...
- Go beyond what your title is. ...
- Dress the part. ...
- Prepare what you are going to say. ...
- Body language.
First Greet them, 2) start for your full name, 3) your educational with institute name with year of passing, 4) about your work experience what you have mention in your resume from past to present in short sentence, 5) Last your Family, family consist of mother, father, elder/younger, brother/sister.How do you introduce yourself in a unique example? ›
- Morning! I don't think we've met before, I'm Aryan.
- Hey there! I'm Surya. I'm new—I just moved to the building a couple of days ago. ...
- Hi Amy. I heard it's your first day so I thought I could reach out and introduce myself. We haven't officially met but I'll be working with you on this project.
A simple formula for answering “Tell me about yourself”
Present: Talk a little bit about what your current role is, the scope of it, and perhaps a big recent accomplishment. Past: Tell the interviewer how you got there and/or mention previous experience that's relevant to the job and company you're applying for.
- Address the client by name, so they feel valued as a client.
- Specify some information about the client, such as their purchasing and their future goals.
- Let the client know how best to contact you.
- Invite the client to discuss their relationship with you.
- What is the first step in buying a home? ...
- Should I sell my current property before buying a new one? ...
- Should I do a home inspection? ...
- Should I do a final walk-through? ...
- How does earnest money work? ...
- How many houses should I view before purchasing one?
- Communication. Communication may be the most important soft skill of them all. ...
- Active Listening. ...
- Social Cues. ...
- Negotiation. ...
- Patience. ...
There are five main categories of real estate which include residential, commercial, industrial, raw land, and special use.How do you talk like a realtor? ›
- Introduce yourself briefly.
- Explain how you got their information.
- Ask if now is a good time to chat.
- Ask what triggered their home buying or selling.
- Touch on current market conditions, and ask if they have any initial questions.
Researchers looked at listing prices, sales prices and the time properties spent on the market before the sale was completed. In general, the research found that the agents who were rated more attractive had listings with higher prices and larger commissions, which comes from higher sales prices for attractive agents.How can I get real estate clients fast? ›
- Buy Real Estate Leads.
- Engage With Your Community.
- Ask Existing Clients for Referrals.
- Create a Website.
- Post On Social Media.
- Specialize In a Niche.
- Try Cold Calling.
- Host Open Houses.
You get paid differently
“The hardest part of being in real estate for new agents is financial and technical,” she says. “It is financially challenging because most people are used to salaried positions. They are accustomed to getting a paycheck every two weeks after putting in a certain amount of work.
- 4 Tips to Getting a 7-Figure Income as a Commercial Real Estate Agent. ...
- Set a Goal and Be Ruthless in Its Pursuit. ...
- Create a Business Plan and Put Your Head Down. ...
- Establish Connections and Know When to Use Them. ...
- Learn from Your Failures and Create Your Brand.
Examples of Weaknesses.
Shyness. Lack of knowledge of particular software. Public speaking. Taking criticism.
- Decide what you can do. Pinpoint which parts of the situation you have the power to change or influence for the better. ...
- Get support. Find someone to talk to about your situation. ...
- Care for yourself. Take especially good care of yourself when stress in your life is high.
Explanation: By highlighting your experience with a particular skill that the position requires, describe in detail what that experience looks like and how you have used it previously. This gives the hiring manager the chance to see some of your work and determine if it fits what they are looking for in a candidate.What is a good weakness to say in an interview? ›
So as a recap, the four answers that you can give when being asked, what are your greatest weaknesses, are, I focus too much on the details, I've got a hard time saying no sometimes, I've had trouble asking for help in the past, and I have a hard time letting go of a project.What is your weakness best answer? ›
Answer “what is your greatest weakness” by choosing a skill that is not essential to the job you're applying to and by stressing exactly how you're practically addressing your weakness. Some skills that you can use as weaknesses include impatience, multitasking, self-criticism, and procrastination.What makes you stand out as a realtor? ›
One of the most important things you can do to make yourself stand out is to utilize the effect of “perceived value.” Potential clients need to see that you are giving away a ton of valuable information and expecting nothing in return. This is how the best agents create clients for life.What is the main goal of a real estate agent? ›
Real estate agents are professionals who work with clients to help them find houses, apartments or commercial buildings to buy or lease. These professionals typically specialize in a specific type of property to sell, such a residential living, luxury homes or commercial real estate.What should a beginner agent do? ›
- Interview at Different Firms. ...
- Find a Mentor (or Two) ...
- Create a Business Plan. ...
- Discover Your Brand. ...
- Work Your Sphere. ...
- Prospect, Prospect, Prospect. ...
- Discover the Right Lead Gen for You. ...
- Market Yourself.
- Convert Open House Visitors. Related Article. ...
- Buy More Leads. Related Article. ...
- Buy More Pay-per-Click (PPC) Ads Targeting Homeowners. Related Article. ...
- Learn to Cold Call Expired Listings. ...
- Convert Rental Customers.
- Prospect Relocation Sellers on LinkedIn. ...
- Pitch Real Estate Investors.
New realtors can get clients in a number of ways, including buying leads, asking friends and family for recommendations or canvassing their local neighborhood.What are the 3 duties of an agent? ›
Agents generally have the following duties to the principal: Loyalty, Care, Obedience, and Accounting.What are the 5 duties of an agent? ›
Obligations of an Agent to the Principal
- Duty to perform. ...
- Duty of Care and Skill. ...
- Non-delegation of Assignments. ...
- Duty of Obedience and Loyalty. ...
- Duty to Act in Good Faith.
- Grow Your Social Media Following. ...
- Ask for Reviews. ...
- Hire a Professional Real Estate Photographer. ...
- Add Video Tours to Your Site. ...
- Set Up an Email Newsletter. ...
- Review Your Ad Strategy. ...
- Make Yourself Known Locally. ...
- Invest in New Tech.
- Step 1: Publish Useful Real Estate Blog Posts.
- Step 2: Stay In Touch With Previous Clients.
- Step 3: Create and Share a One-Minute Video.
- Step 4: Post on All Your Social Media Channels.
- Step 5: Make Connections with Personal Outreach.
- How to Get 10 Listings in 30 Days: Take 5 Simple Steps.
- Build a real estate database filled with homeowners. ...
- Automate the process of sending them comparable home sales activity. ...
- Email the homeowners in your database a monthly newsletter. ...
- Leverage the tool Homebot. ...
- Send an unsolicited CMA every 6 months.
- Contact Your Sphere.
- Re-Engage & Follow Up with Past Clients.
- Attend Community Events.
- Build Your Social Media Following.
- Digital Prospecting with Facebook.
- Strengthen Lead Referrals through LinkedIn.
- Send Mailers.
- Go Door Knocking.
Talk from experience, bank on your knowledge
A client would, hence, want to be sure that you are trustworthy and have sound knowledge. While guiding difficult clients, back your conversations with facts. You should be able to talk about different aspects of the property you are pitching to them.
- Introduce yourself briefly.
- Explain how you got their information.
- Ask if now is a good time to chat.
- Ask what triggered their home buying or selling.
- Touch on current market conditions, and ask if they have any initial questions.